- Give an honest compliment to 5 people you meet today.
- Every night, for a week, write down 10 things that you are thankful for that happened during the day. Photocopy this list and give to random people at the mall. Inspire gratitude :)
- Share a book.
- Make encouraging bookmarks and leave them inside books of a public library.
- Email someone you admire and tell him/her why.
- Write a letter to your public official and express your suggestions for the community.
- Write little notes of thanks and give them to waiters at random fast food chains.
- Cook a meal for your family.
- Make a really good sandwich and give it to a street vendor.
- Buy flowers for your mom.
- Buy flowers for your dad.
Friday, February 9, 2007
· Edit a short paper for free.
· Sing at a birthday party
· Hang the laundry.
· Conduct a storytelling session for a kid/for kids.
· Go grocery shopping for someone.
· Take someone's picture. It could be a snapshot or something more artistic.
· Serenade someone.
· Walk someone's pet.
· Wash a car.
· Wash the dishes for a day.
· Paint someone's nails.
· Give a friend or a relative a massage.
· Send a package through snail mail.
· Set someone's table.
· Sort files.
· Shred files.
· Photocopy files.
· Clean someone's living room.
· Wipe someone's windows
· Lessen/ avoid using straws when eating out.
· Set up a Free Hugs Campaign.
· Say thank you to your maids, security guard, parking boy, garbage collectors, etc
· Shine someone's shoes.
· Make a soundtrack for a friend.
· Organize a friend's closet.
· Water the plants.
· Organize a friend's Cd collection.
· Entertain: Amaze a child, amuse a friend.
· Pass the message: Look for a 'good news' story to tell.
· Leave notes of encouragement.
· Leave packs of chewing gum on the desk of someone trying to quit smoking.
· Offer the mailman or the newspaper boy an ice cold drink on a hot day as a way of saying thanks.
· Volunteer at an orphanage.
· Plant a tree.
· Give a kind smile to a stranger.
· Ask a street kid his name and how old he is.
· Donate old books.
· Teach someone a skill that you know.